Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lack of Writing

Hello all! Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while but I haven't had much to post. I have been too tired during the day and just haven't felt very creative. I'm hoping that's going to change soon.

I did some research online and read some people have felt better by taking their thyroid medication at night instead of in the morning as recommended by doctors. So last Monday, I started taking mine at night. I know I had taken it at night before but I can't recall if I noticed a difference or not. This time, since I am paying more attention to it, I think I am noticing a difference. It has only been 4 days since I switched times but this morning, I woke up in a better mood, I played with my cat around the apartment and I am actually warmer today even tough it's only 36F outside. I also noticed that yesterday, my temperature has gone up to a more normal temperature. It was 98.1 at the doctor's office yesterday and I know I don't have a fever. I think I have been sleeping better as well. I will continue to take my thyroid meds at night and see what happens.

I am also wondering if switching the time of day I take my medicine has effected my creativity a bit. Last night before I went to sleep, I found myself thinking about my book in progress and the scene I stopped writing at. I started thinking about where the scene is going and wondering if I want it to go that direction. Even as I work today, I find my mind drifting back to my book in progress.

Now I am curious and really wish I could remember how I felt the last time I took my meds at night. Was I more energetic? Did I feel less fatigue? Did I write more and have more thoughts?

Time will tell, I guess. As for today, I will open up my file and reread the last chapter I wrote and think about rewriting it or keeping it.

Thanks to all who read and don't forget, comments are open so that anybody can comment.

No comments: