Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Writer's Blah

Howdy Folks.  I'm considering starting a third book.  Common Sense tells me not to do it and to concentrate on finishing my second book.  I know I should do that. I really should.  However, I think I'm kind of burned out on it.  I don't think I have much further to go in the book, may be 3 or 4 more chapters.  I just don't think I can do it right now. I'm not giving up on the book and I may very well nix the whole idea of a third book for now and continue the second one.  It's just I'm kind of blah about it. 
 
I'm also thinking that if I start a third book with a fresh new idea, just to take a break from the second book for a while, it may help renew my ideas or creativity and be able to continue the second one with renewed vigor.  I'm sure other writers have the same issue if you search the internet, most people tell you not to write 2 books at once because you'll get confused and start mingling the plots together.  I'm sure that will happen to me but I can't force myself to write and continue the book at the moment when it's kind of blah to me.  Don't get me wrong, I love my second book.   You just can't expect somebody to keep writing in the same thing all the time.   I know if I didn't have a full time job, the book would be long finished by now. 
 
On other writing, I am considering submitting some poems to contests or literary magazines just to see if I can get anything published.  So if you know of a magazine or anything that accepts poetry from newbies, let me know.  Otherwise, I will have to search online for magazines and come up with something. lol 
 
That's all for now. Thanks for reading my ramblings.  As always, you don't need an account to leave a comment,  you just need to do a word verification.  I had to do that so I wouldn't get spam comments.  
 
 

No comments: