Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

Wellm I'm 37 years old today. Mentally, I very much feel like a teenager, complete with selfishness, rebelions, depressions, and mood swings. Physically, thanks to my arthritis, I feel like I'm 60 years old. Woke up this morning with fingers extremely stiff and sore but that's my own fault. I've been trying to get off the prednisone so only took 2 pills last night. But I took one this morning along with excedrin because of the sore fingers. On the plus side, my legs aren't that much of a problem anymore. My legs still bother me but my fingers and shoulders are worse. I can deal with the leg pains, no problem at all. It used to be, I'd have pain all through my body. While exercise has helped to dimish the leg pain, the pain is not gone completely.
Photobucket
Speaking of exercise, I need to get back on the gazelle today. My goal was to be 150 lbs by today. While I'm not 150, I'm still happy. I am at 159.5lbs today. yes, I lost 74.5 pounds. I have 9.5 more pounds to go to get to my goal. I'd like to try and lose as much of that as I can this week. The 15th is payday and I'll have extra money. Plus, my tax refunds are scheduled to be in my account around that date too. So next weekend, I can actually go shopping. So I want to lose as much weight as I can before then, so I can hope, pray, beg, squeeze into a size 12. At this moment, I don't see size 12 as a possibility. I feel fat. but I'm holding on to a thread of hope that it can happen.

No plans for my birthday. haven't heard from any family members so it looks like I'll be spending it alone. If that is still the case by noon, I'll go to the liquor store and buy myself a treat. Then go to the grocery store and treat myself to a steak. Steak is so darn expensive these days, and I haven't bought any for probably a year now. But It's my birthday and darn it, I'm worth it.
Photobucket
So today, I'll do more writing, exercise, maybe clean up this pig sty I live in and also go to the store. Once I can actually bend my fingers, then I'll get on the gazelle. No use in trying to use the Gazelle when you can't grip the handles. Maybe I'll go soak my fingers in extremely hot (almost burning) water. That always does the trick.

Thank you to my friends who have already wished me a happy birthday. You guys are great and I love ya! That's all from me, see ya on the 'net. Oh, and get up and move! Dance to your own tune and Dance like nobody's watching!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: