Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Elvis' Ghost Sand

The dream starts with me walking into a home shop. It was a house but also a shop. The floor was wood and there were book cases in various spots. I don't remember what the shop was selling, could have been books or something else. Anyway, I walk in the door and notice that there is a 3 foot long by 1 foot wide section of the floor that is just sand. I ask the store owner what the deal with the sand was and she told me to just watch it.

I feel like a fool as I start watching the sand. Pretty soon, the sand starts moving in waves like its water. I back up thinking that there are bugs in the sand making it move. I continue watching it and then shapes appear and disappear. Circles, squares and triangles, etc.

"What the hell is this?" I ask.

The shop owner just laughs and says "We call Elvis' Ghost Sand."

"Why Elvis?" I ask.

"You'll see. Just keep watching it." She responds.

As I'm watching it, faces start appearing in the sand and then disappearing. Like somebody is below the sand and pushing their face up through it. "I still don't know what it has to do with Elvis." I muttered.

The shop owner ignores me and soon I see a full figure standing up in the sand about 10 inches tall and it's the shape of Elvis. I told the owner that "just because the sand can take the shape of Elvis, doesn't mean that it is Elvis in there."

I continue watching the sand and soon writing appears. I asked "What is this writing?"

"Writing? Oh that.. it's too small for us to read." The owner said.

"have you tried asking it to make the writing bigger?" I asked.

The owner laughed at me and said "it's only sand that moves."

"You call it Elvis' Ghost Sand which means you think it's haunted and you never thought to talk to it? Idiot." I tell her. Then I crouch down and face the sand and ask "You in the sand, Can you make the writing larger? It's too small for us to read."

Soon, the small writing disappeared and larger writing appeared. It said, "Help me! I'm trapped."

I sat down on the floor and asked, "I don't know how to help you. Who are you?"

The dream ended with me talking to the Ghost Sand but I can't remember the rest of the conversation. I wish I could though. It seemed very interesting. Of course, I had to laugh that I was arguing with the owner over the name of the sand. I mean really, Elvis?

No comments: