Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Questions to ask...

I thought I'd come up with a list of questions to ask a published author in case I ever get the chance.    So I came here to start a new post and now I can't think of any questions.   sigh..

Let's see.  Um...

  1. Do you have any suggestions for somebody who works full time and wants to be published? Good thing I don't have a contract with deadlines. 
  2. Do you do any fact checking on your fiction books?  Or since it is fiction, do facts matter?
  3. When writing a book, I've heard that you shouldn't edit it as you go.  Don't worry about punctuation and spelling errors so much and just write.  Do you believe that's true?   I can't help but make corrections as I go.  I really can't.  It'll bug me if I know there's a mistake and I left it alone.  And yes, I do read the book several times and make my own corrections.  Man, I suck and make a ton of typos.
  4. How many books did you write and finish before you were published?  I have 8 so far.
  5. How many books did you abandon because you thought they were utter crap?  I have many. :)
  6. Book covers are important.  They say you can't judge a book by its cover and it's true to a point.  However, as a reader, I know I look at the book cover and tend to skip those that just have a title and nothing else.   Having said that, do you believe the cover should always have a hunk and a woman on it?  Or do you think scenery is alright?    It's not like you should have a picture of an airplane on the cover and have the book be historical fiction. The scenery has to tie into the book but I don't think it's required to have a woman with her bodice ripped and some drop dead gorgeous hunk leaning over her.   hmm.. drop dead gorgeous hunk. I may rethink that.
  7. How did you find your group of beta readers?  Are they family or friends?

I may edit this list of questions but these are what I came up with after a brain fart.  Now, if any readers know any authors who would want to answer these questions, feel free to share this page with them.  

No comments: