Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Is Laughter a good sign?

Tonight, I started reading the second book I started and read the first 83 pages. I remember I had stopped writing it because I thought it was crap. I didn't know where to take the next scene, didn't know where the book was going and just thought it sucked. It was end of May 2008 that I stopped writing it and I didn't pick it up again. I didn't even read any pages until tonight.

I found the 83 pages I had printed up and decided to read it. Now, besides some missing words and a couple of bad spelling mistakes, I actually enjoyed it. I didn't even want to put it down to write down what needed fixing. I laughed while reading my book but in a good way. I found the humor I had put in my book and it may just be reigniting that spark to continue with it.

I also found I had incorporated a friend into the book a bit and I don't know if she knows. Michelle, I'm talking about you.

So is it a good thing that a writer laughs at the things she writes? Will the public (if anybody ever reads this book) find the humor that I did?

Now, I must finish reading the pages I didn't print up and try to find the mistakes I found before. I need to find out what turned me off from continuing this book.

No comments: