Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Writing without thought

I have read that a lot of authors carefully plan out scenes and how they want their stories to be told. I never was one for planning. When I write, I just sit down in front of the computer with the file open and start writing. A lot of times, I don't know how a scene will go until I've actually written it.

I let the words flow from me and then go back and read what I wrote. A scene I just now wrote and completed, took a very interesting turn. When I reread it, I thought "Well that was unexpected."

It may sound odd for a me to say that about my own writing but that is how I work. I have to say, I like it too. I write without plans, without outlines, or thinking ahead. I write without thought and books appear.

and I like it!

No comments: