Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

One Weirdo's Dream

I thought I'd post one of my dreams here for people to read. This is my latest one and if you like it, then I'll post some of my older wackier dreams. This dream in particular is actually more normal than I'm used to. I figured that I'd start with a tame dream first and if you want more, please comment and I'll post one. Name a topic and I've probably dreamt about it. Anywhere from werewolves and vampires, to celebrities to giant worms and even a ghost one that scared the crap out of me. LOL I may post that one anyway because I really liked it. It could be it's own story. But for now, here's the safe dream. Enjoy! And have some weird dreams!!

Dream January 8, 2008

My Aunt Kathy, Mom and I are sitting in the living room (at the old house in Aurora from over 26 years ago but we’re current age). Kathy is on the couch which is under the living room window, Mom is sitting to the right of the window in a regular chair. I’m pacing the floor, impatiently waiting for a package to arrive. Mom tells me to sit down and quit pacing but I ignore her.

Then Kathy and Mom start laughing about something and walk into the kitchen. I hear a loud stomp and scrape come from outside. I run to the living room window and lean on the couch to look outside. There’s a 50 foot tall plastic man type thing with round head, pointy ears on top of head and an oblong body with round arms and legs. He’s a dark grey in color and is pushing a massive sheet of metal down the street. He’s using it scrape the wax off (about a 1 foot deep) the road. Kathy and Mom come join me at the window and we talk about the wax scraper and watch it as it leaves. I believe this part of the dream happened because the snow plows kept going back and forth right outside my window. So I heard them in my sleep and then again after I woke up.

Kathy and Mom go back into the kitchen and I squeal in delight as I notice the mailman come walking up the sidewalk to the door with my box. I run to the door screaming like a fool "It’s here! It’s here!" I quickly sign for the box and take it from the guy and run upstairs. I put the box on the coffee table as Mom and Kathy join me.

I rip open the box to reveal my book. I can see the title ‘Not Alone’ and a house with a light coming from it on the cover. There’s 50 copies of it and I giggle and get teary eyed as I hand out copies to Mom and Kathy. I start looking through the book and right away, Kathy notices an error. Right on the front cover is a misspelling. They put an ‘A’ in my last name when it should be an 'E'. I start crying and call my editor right away and start yelling at him about the level of incompetence and who was the idiot to let this happen. The editor started fumbling for words but before he could explain himself, I woke up.

No comments: