Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

Weight a minute

On January 14th, I weighed 162 lbs and that's the last time I updated my ticker below. Then stress happened. Little sleep, lots of food, lots of stress and worry, I went up to 167. Today, after a week of working, still with little sleep (except last night I did get 7 hours, Yippee!!) and forcing myself not to chow down on everything, I'm back down to 162 lbs.

My original goal was to be at 150 lbs by February 9th which is my birthday. I figured that would be the best present I could give myself. If I still want to make that goal, I'd have to lose 12 pounds in 2 weeks which I just know aint gonna happen. But If I can get down to 154, I'd be thrilled. Why 154? Because then I could have that even number of 80.

I'll work at it and see what I can lose. Hopefully, the arthritis won't be too bad and I can actually do more exercise. On my February 9th, I'll post here to tell you what my weight is. I'll also give you my decision about whether to continue the weight loss to try to get down to a number in the 140 range. Heck, I may decide to lose as much as I can before march 28th. March 28th will be my 1 year anniversary of when I started this weight loss battle.

As good as it feels to have lost all this weight, I have to remember. I may be winning the battle but the war will never be one. I will constantly fight with weight for the rest of my life. Or at least until I reach that moment of utter defeat for when I truly give up. I can't say that won't happen because in a nother 20 years, I probably won't give a damn about weight. LOL


No comments: