Pages

Monday, January 7, 2008

Random Writing Thoughts

Yesterday, as I was typing up a few pages on book #2, I realized something. I don't give enough details in my writing. That's why book #1 is only 62,400 words. I already knew that I had to add something to that book to make it longer, but I was thinking in terms of a scene or something. Now I know that I have to go back and see what is lacking detailed information.

Now that I know about details, I hope I am more thorough with the second book. However, I also realized that my vocabulary is lacking something. Yes, I've read hundreds of books and have seen how different authors word things but I didn't retain any of it that I know of. So I must expand my vocabulary while expanding my stories all while working my full-time 45 hour per week job. It's a good thing I didn't give myself any set in stone deadlines.

I may post a new word or two in random blogs and I may give myself an exercise in detail writing and post that here too. I did wonder if it would help if I imagined that I was going to describe something to a blind person or even a deaf person. Upon thinking about it, that may get me in the right direction but I don't think I want to be too descriptive as that will bore readers. Probably the way I'm boring you. LOL

Ah well. I'll leave you now to go about your daily life. Just a reminder, go ahead and leave a comment and tell me what you think. If you think I'm a wackjob, well, I already know that so it's old news. LOL
Thanks for reading!

No comments: