Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Thoughts of Happiness

What makes you happy? For me, I'm happiest when I write. When the words flow from my fingertips to the keyboard without much thought or advance planning, that's what makes me happy. When that doesn't happen, I have other things to make me happy. Like playing Warcraft or LOTRO with Michelle and talking to her over the computer. Even when we don't say much, we know we are there for each other and may break up the silence with a rude noise. Ha Ha! Also, work does make me happy. Yes, I will always complain about it because I think it's human nature to do so. But, I love my job and I love being able to work full time which is not too common for people with R.A.

Other things that make me happy, Fridays.. It seems everybody's attitude is lighter on Fridays because they are planning their weekends. My cat, Pipsqueek makes me happy too. I watch him as he tears through the apartment, occasionally running into walls or falling off counters. He's a dork and a klutz but he makes me really happy. Nothing like coming home after a long day at work and he greets me at the door, ready for attention. He's a sweetheart.

I could list a million things that make me happy but that would be boring. Instead, I want you to think about what makes you happy. What brings a smile to your face? It could be something you do everyday or just once in a while. It could be anything. Just think about it. What makes you happy?

Edited to add: Great, just realized I sound like I'm trying to get you to think happy thoughts so I sprinkle pixie dust on you so you can fly. lmao

No comments: