Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Book Thoughts

You know how I’ve been wanting to go with Self publishing for my books, right? Well, last night, while I was trying to get to sleep, I had a sudden idea. What if I submitted my ghost book to a publisher or two? The worst that can happen is that I get rejected and I’ll use self publishing anyway.

But to do that, I’ll need to choose some publishers, see if they’ll take submissions without an agent, create a query letter and also create a synopsis for my book. Even if I don’t end up submitting to publishers, I think I still need to create a synopsis or summary for my books. Something that catches the readers eye so that they’ll want to read more.

I found some webpages that talk about how to create a synopsis (length depends on the publisher when submitting), and I know I can do it. One suggested to read through your book with a pen and paper, make notes along the way as you read it. Summarize the chapter in one sentence and move to the next. Another website suggested writing the synopsis before you start writing the book but I don't like that idea.

I think it'll take my full attention and I should do it at home, rather than at work or elsewhere. If anybody reading this knows a writer or a publisher, see if they have any tips for me. I'd really appreciate it.

Oh and I have started a forth book already and I have a title for it. When it comes to titles, I've found that some just come to me before I start writing (like my first and forth books) and others I have agonized over (like my 2nd and 3rd). At any rate, here are my book titles in the order the books were written.

Not Alone
In My Dreams - May change the title, still not sure
My Eternal Love - May remove the 'my', not sure yet
Destined for Darkness - haven't even completed first chapter yet. lol

If I could talk to a published author, I would ask this question. How many whole books did you write before you were published? maybe I'll google that question and see if anybody else asked it.

Feel free to share my blog with anybody you want. More readers are always welcome!

No comments: