Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I had an adventure with one of my characters

I think I have been reading too many paranormal romance novels lately and I've been writing too much or focusing too much(if there is such a thing) in my book.

Last night, I dreamed of the ghost in my book. His name is Eric. In the dream, I was in bed, trying to get to sleep when the room grew cold. I saw the air sort of shimmer next to my bed and Eric manifested there. He looked as he does in my book, tall, shoulder length hair, nice build, see through and yummy. lol

"What...How?" I started to say as I sat up in bed.

"We have business to attend to. Come with me." Eric said and held out his hand.

"But..." I was still shocked to see him standing there, a character I created.

"Come. I'll explain later. We must leave now." Eric insisted.

I took his hand and before I could get out of bed, Eric and I disappeared from my bedroom. A second later, and we were in a forest but I didn't know where. Eric looked around as if looking for something, then we disappeared again. We reappeared in a strange home. Again, Eric looked around for something. Before I could say anything, we disappeared again. Now, my stomach was starting to act up. You go popping into various places and see how your stomach acts. lol

When we reappeared again, we were in what I guessed was a castle. It had stone walls, torches instead of lamps, drafty, dark and looked cool. Eric started looking around again but before we could disappear again, I yanked my hand away and stepped back.

"What is the matter?" Eric asked.

"Has it occurred to you that I can't handle poofing around like that?" I snapped at him and leaned against the wall for support. "Just what are you looking for anyway? Why did you drag me out of bed?"

"I thought you knew. You created me." Eric replied.

"I know I created you but that I doesn't mean I know what's going on. Just tell me." I asked him.

"We have to leave. She isn't here." Eric replied. He took my hand again and we disappeared again.

Now, I found myself in a field that I recognized from my book. "That's it. I've had enough." I yelled at him.

"We don't have time for this." Eric told me calmly.

"Then tell me what the Hell is going on!" I yelled.

Eric sighed, "Something went wrong."

"Ya think?" I snapped.

Eric remained quiet as he paced in the field beside me. When he finally stopped pacing, he looked at me once and then disappeared, leaving me in the field alone.

"You can't leave me here!" I yelled after him. "Asshole!"

Then I woke up. lol I don't think there are many writers who dream of their character from their book. Why I dreamed it is a mystery. It doesn't really follow the plot of my book. I think it's just a sign that I read too much. Of course, out of all the characters I have created in my 3 books, I am glad I dreamed of him. He was yummy. lol Just wish he told me what was going on. lol

No comments: