Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Book thoughts

I'm almost done writing my forth book. I may be able to finish it this weekend if I wake up enough. lol Even as this book is drawing to a close, I'm thinking about my next one. My next one will involve the supernatural as my other 4 have but this one will be something different for me. A werewolf. I haven't started it and yet I have a working title of Hairball. lmao it makes me laugh to think of a book named that and a werewolf book to boot. Odds are I won't keep that title but I won't know until I actually write that book.

Right now, I'm trying to focus on finishing my current one before I start the next one. I have my current book file open (by the way, it's called Destined for Darkness) and once I wake up a little more, I'll read through the last few pages and start writing. I find endings are important. I want to leave a mark in the reader where they can close the book and sigh, happy with the way things turned out. I know if I'm not happy, the reader probably won't be either.

I know what I have to write to end this book. I just have to write it. Maybe I'm using sleepiness as an excuse not to finish the book. After all, I thoroughly enjoyed writing this one. the words just flowed on their own onto the pages. The main characters took on a life of their own and I really didn't see the gal having the personality she does. of course, I don't give much thought to the books ahead of time. I mean I don't write notes, I don't envision how I want each character to act or what is going to happen. I take it one chapter at a time. Maybe I should use that same philosophy in life.

No comments: