Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Numb

You know that song Numb by Linkin Park? I can relate to that. Bear with me while I describe why.

Picture two versions of me. One happy, go lucky, cheery person. The other a down, depressed, very blue person. Now picture those two version of me singing this song to each other.


I'm tired of being what you want me to be << Depressed me
Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface << Depressed me
Don't know what you're expecting of me << Depressed me
Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes << Depressed me
(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow)
Every step that I take is another mistake to you << Depressed me
(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow)

[Chorus:]
I've become so numb, I can't feel you there << Depressed me
Become so tired, so much more aware << Depressed me
I'm becoming this, all I want to do << Happy Me
Is be more like me and be less like you << Happy Me

Can't you see that you're smothering me, << Happy Me
Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control? << Happy Me
'Cause everything that you thought I would be << Happy Me
Has fallen apart right in front of you. << Happy Me
(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow)
Every step that I take is another mistake to you. << Depressed me
(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow)
And every second I waste is more than I can take. << Depressed me


This is how I feel a lot of the time. Two versions of me, with the happy me struggling to come to take over. two versions of me battling each other. Which version will be the victor? Which version will be the loser? I don't know anymore. I've become so numb...

2 comments:

Chell said...

Happy will win out in the end. Everyone has two sides :) Now cheer up before I try to squeeze my fat ass on a plane to Colorado!! :)

Katie said...

Well, if that's all it takes to see you, then maybe I'll hold out longer. lol